Latest Articles

Posted by / Saturday, April 1, 2017 / 14 Comments

A Letter to My Baby


Dear Baby,

Today is April 1, 2017 and we are exactly twenty days from your due date. I've been counting down the days for months now, and I am getting so anxious to meet you. I remember the exact moment when I found out you were in my belly, it seems like an eternity ago. Looking down at that pregnancy test my whole life changed in a matter of seconds, so many emotions were running through my head.



You.  My sweet little girl, you were my blessing in disguise. You my angel saved me.

September 9, 2016 was the first day I heard your little heartbeat. It was 166, and stronger than ever. The sound of your heart was like music to my ears, the most beautiful sound I had ever heard. I've heard an ultrasound heartbeat in the movies, but never in person. It was the day you became real in my head, it was the day I finally realized you were actually there, inside of me.

November 22, 2016 was the day I found out you were a girl. My little angel.

I am so beyond grateful that you are in my life, I feel so close to you and I haven't even met you yet. Every night I get the biggest rush of happiness when I feel you kicking around in my belly. You respond to my voice, especially when I sing (I know I'm horrible, but you are in for a lifetime of my off tune vocals) and you kick me back every I put my hand on my stomach. December 2, 2016 around 12:30am was the first moment I actually felt you kick me, I remember exactly how you felt on my skin and how I felt. It was the most incredible feeling in the world, so indescribable. & it wasn't "butterflies" or "gas pains" as some would describe feeling the first kick, it was an actual movement inside. I felt you. That was one of the best days or my life.

I haven't met you yet, but I feel like I know you already. You have already brought so much happiness to my life, and you have made my days so much more fulfilling. I can't wait to meet you, and hold you, and kiss you. You are the greatest thing that has ever happened to me, and I don't say that lightly.

Everything in my life is about to change once you get here, and I can't wait. I am a little nervous, but oh so excited for this next chapter of my life.

I promise you that you will have an amazing life, full of happiness and laughter. I love you baby girl.

Love,

Your Mama

14 comments:

  1. This is so adorable, kids are a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful letter. The love and bond you will share with her will exceed anything you can imagine. Enjoy her

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw this is so sweet! I wrote a similar post for my daughter, and I love that I can have it forever for her to read. So special! Congrats Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwie. This just put a smile on my face and took me back to the time i experienced those emotions.
    Thaaank you :)
    Allll the best!!!!
    PS - sometimes they just dont wanna come out on time. Trust me. I know 😂😂

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this!! My husband and I wrote letters to our son before he was born. We put them in envelopes and plan on having him open them on his 18th birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful. Your daughter will cherish this! I wish I had thought to do something like this before my own daughter was born; however, I did keep journals for the first 3 years of her life. Best wishes to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this idea! I write letters to my 4yo all the time, and it always feels so special!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations? Get ready for a crazy and wonderful ride. I wish I was blogging when I had my son. It is such a great way to keep track of the special moments/trials along the way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so sweet! I really wish I had written something like this when I was pregnant. You are in for the most rewarding experience of your life! Congrats on your little one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are on the verge of greatness. Pregnancy changes you but OH MY the birth and the shift in your feelings and beliefs is amazing. Enjoy the ride!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This got me a little teary. So so sweet. I loved being pregnant and, though, you will get to know each other SO much better it is quite amazing how you really do know your baby in the womb and vice versa. Pregnancy and birth is truly miraculous! Congrats. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful letter to your lil one! congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so beautiful. Children bring such joy and happiness. I couldn't imagine not having my daughter now.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so sweet! Pregnancy with the first baby is such a beautiful time. Everything is about to change, and everything's so exciting! Enjoy the next the few weeks!

    ReplyDelete

Follow @Instagram

About

My name is Alexis, but everyone calls me Lex. I made this blog to document my adventures and do what I love most, which is write.

Read more >

Follow by Email

Follow @Facebook

Follow