Latest Articles

Posted by / Tuesday, September 1, 2015 / No comments

I cut all my hair off!

If you ever see pictures of me you will notice my long hair, I can't even remember the last time I had a haircut! But, I wanted a little change to kick off the new school semester. What's a better change than a haircut? Exactly.

So, I went in that same day because my friend works at a hair salon. I told her I wanted something different, and quite short. Honestly, I didn't really want it extremely short, but I am happy with the length I got. 

The second she cut my hair I got major knots in my stomach, I was so nervous. You have to realize that I hadn't cut my hair in over a year - plus I just have a weird attachment to my hair. If you have long hair, I'm sure you can relate to that. 

Anyways, after when I looked in the mirror I wanted to cry my eyes out. I looked terrible with short hair, or at least I though I did. My eyes got all watery, and all I wanted was my long hair back. She styled it for me, unfortunately that didn't help whatsoever. 

I left the salon and when I got home, I looked in the mirror probably a hundred times. It was so odd having short hair, and I really felt like I would never get used to it. I ended up throwing it up in a pony tail because I couldn't handle it anymore. 

Over the next two days I got a feel for the haircut, and I was able to adapt to it, and I learned some hairstyles that I liked. 

Currently it has been a week since I got the haircut and I love my hair, seriously I love it! The only issue I have with it is that when it dries after my shower it swoops out like a little girl hairstyle. If I want it to look good I have to straighten it, so that does increase the time it takes me to get ready. Other than that one issue I really like my hair, and I have no other issues! There are so many more bbenefits with having my hair so much shorter: I save money on shampoo because I use less, it dead, and I have no more split ends! I am so glad I like it, the first few days I swear I was doomed to be miserable for months!



Before my haircut



A few days after, once I fell back in love with my hair. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @Instagram

About

My name is Alexis, but everyone calls me Lex. I made this blog to document my adventures and do what I love most, which is write.

Read more >

Follow by Email

Follow @Facebook

Follow