Latest Articles

Posted by / Sunday, August 30, 2015 / No comments

Week Of Welcome Fall Semester 2k15


Guys, I survived the first week back to school!

This past week was so prodigious, I really can't even express how incredible it was. As you know this is going to be my second year in college, and I have a strong feeling this year is going to be better than last year. 

Last year wasn't the greatest year for me, I wasn't as social as I should have been. I never took the opportunities that I was presented with, and I regret that immensely. Saying I was homesick was an understatement, I wasn't myself last year, I was so sad and depressed. I let all of those emotions get to me, and that led to Netflix and hiding in my room all year. I went to class, came home and threw myself a pity party most nights. When I look back on last year I realized that I missed out on so much, and I made the decision for that not to be the case this year. 

This year I want to experience everything I possibly can, I want to try new things and meet tons of new people! I am ready for this year, and I couldn't be more excited!

This past week was the Week of Welcome for all the students and faculty. It was a week full of exciting events. 






Monday was the welcome back Carnival, and it was such a blast! There was tons free food which of course was the best part. They had huge blow ups, games, and a photo booth! Everyone was there and it was so great to see all the new faces, I met so many different people at this event, it was really nice! I went with two of my three roommates, and I met up with one of my old roommates from last year! 



The Service department (which I am a part of) planted trees as a our first service project of the year. It was a pretty good turn out! Above is the tree my group planted. 


Above is one of the greatest ladies I have ever met! This is my roommate from last year, we got to catch up this week and it was so nice because I hadn't seen her all summer! 







The last pictures are my favorite, they are from the Foam Dance my school throws every year. I didn't go last year, and I am so glad I attended this year. The dance was one of the funnest experiences of my life! I went with the ladies from my SHE club, and we all had a blast. We danced until we couldn't and sang out hearts out. I couldn't of imagined a better night! It was so crazy! Bubbles were everywhere, it was like a giant bubble bath, it was insane. 

My first week of school was a total success, my classes are going to be good and my friendships are getting stronger. I am so happy with the way my life is going, I am genuinely happy with everything! I can't wait to see what else the semester brings me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @Instagram

About

My name is Alexis, but everyone calls me Lex. I made this blog to document my adventures and do what I love most, which is write.

Read more >

Follow by Email

Follow @Facebook

Follow