Latest Articles

Posted by / Sunday, June 21, 2015 / No comments

Life Changes

Hey y'all

I think it is about time for an update on my life, I haven't done that in a while, so here it goes..

I survived my first year of college, and wow was it a crazy ride. This past school year was the greatest and worst days of my life. I was exactly three hours and forty-five minutes away from my family and that killed me. Saying I was homesick the first three months was an understatement. There was moments I thought I was not going to make it, but look at me now, I did it.

It was not always like that when I was there, I met some of the most amazing people at my school. People who have made lasting impressions on my life. People that I will never forget, nor do I want to.




While I was away at school I had an amazing opportunity to serve the less fortunate in SAN FRANCISCO, yeah you read that right. It was my first time being there and I was completely amazed. seriously the city took my breath away. It was a really great experience, and it was a big eye opener. It made me realize that I took a lot of my everyday life for granted.

Plus, during the trip I made some life-long friendships.





Another thing that I have done is, I purchased my first car from a dealership. WOW right? Yeah, I was pretty proud of myself, and I did it all on my own, no money from family or friends was used.



And as it happens every single year on April 11th I aged a year, this year I turned 19!
Look at the cute cake my Mama and Sister made!!



This year taught me a lot about myself, and I am really proud of myself for the changes and obstacles I am overcoming.

I can not wait for this next part of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @Instagram

About

My name is Alexis, but everyone calls me Lex. I made this blog to document my adventures and do what I love most, which is write.

Read more >

Follow by Email

Follow @Facebook

Follow