Latest Articles

Posted by / Tuesday, January 13, 2015 / No comments

The blink of an eye

Earlier today I found out my friend got shot in the jaw, he didn't die thank god.. But, he is in critical care. I went to high school with him and we were pretty good friends for a while. It happened two days ago, he was leaving a friends house and two guys came up to him and one of them pulled out a gun and shot him.

My friend got shot..

It still hasn't hit me. My friend got shot.

I feel like if I say it enough it will hit me, but it hasn't. He didn't deserve this, no one deserves to be shot. I just keep praying to god that he will be okay, that he will survive. He is definitely one of the strongest people I know, so I do believe that he will push through this and survive. I just know it.. He has too..

I keep thinking the worst, I keep running to bad conclusions. What if he dies? He is only 18, he can't die. He just can't.. How could someone pull a trigger on a kid? How could someone do that? I really can't grasp it.

Life is crazy like that don't you think? At any moment your life can turn upside down, at any moment your life could end. I truly don't think people realize this. Life is so fragile, and oh so short. We need to live in the moment, and genuinely enjoy every moment. Because at any second your life could be over. So stop worrying about tomorrow like it's promised because it isn't. Nothing in life is guaranteed, nothing. Let loose and stop worrying about everything, just breath and enjoy this life of yours. Stop taking it for granted. Because everything can change in the blink of an eye.

Love your life. Enjoy your life. Smile. Be happy.

I don't usually ask for favors, but if anyone is reading this would you please say a little prayer for my friend. I don't even know if anyone is going to read this, but please keep him in your prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @Instagram

About

My name is Alexis, but everyone calls me Lex. I made this blog to document my adventures and do what I love most, which is write.

Read more >

Follow by Email

Follow @Facebook

Follow