Latest Articles

Posted by / Friday, January 30, 2015 / No comments

I can do it

When I was in high school I never did the best I could do. I never really tried, I am surprised that I was even able to graduate. But, I did. I started college with a completely new mindset, I wanted to achieve so much.

This is my first year in college and it has been such a reality check for me. Professors aren't like they were in high school, they don't put up with your crap anymore. It is so much different compared to high school. Once I started in August I knew I could do it if I put my mind to it, and the semester ended and I got a 3.2 GPA. Literally the greatest moment ever, in high school I never hit past the 2.1 mark. I know, 3.2 isn't that amazing, but to me it is so much! This spring semester I am aiming to get a GPA of 3.8.

I am shooting high, but I know I can do it. If you want something bad enough nothing can stop you. You just have to have the determination to actually do it. There is a lot I need to change still, but I am working towards this goal and I know with enough dedication I can do it! So far this semester has been nothing less of amazing. My classes are great, my professors are super nice (thank goodness) and the course load isn't going to be too bad. I am actually excited for it all!

I took my first exam on Wednesday and the subject was math, I took it and I got a 94 percent. Yes, that is a great grade but I was really disappointing in myself because I knew I could get a hundred. My math teacher lets us have one retake, so I studied the question I missed. I retook my exam today, and I got a hundred percent! Can you believe it? I barely can! I studied hard for this, and my hard work paid of! Math is my hardest subject and I definitely wasn't expecting such a good score but I did it! I DID IT! I have never in my life gotten that good of a grade on a math test, it is such a good feeling. That proves that if you study and want it bad enough, you CAN do it.

It took me a long time to realize this but if you want something bad enough you CAN accomplish anything. Anything you set your mind to, you can get. It may be hard, very hard but don't let anyone stop you from accomplishing your goals. Do it for you, do it so you can have a huge sense of happiness. Because let me tell you, accomplishing a goal is such a rewarding feeling. I can't even describe it! You can do anything you set your mind to.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @Instagram

About

My name is Alexis, but everyone calls me Lex. I made this blog to document my adventures and do what I love most, which is write.

Read more >

Follow by Email

Follow @Facebook

Follow