Latest Articles

Posted by / Monday, August 18, 2014 / No comments

Anxiety

As I venture out onto my journey of becoming an independent adult and starting college, I have one main concern: Meeting new people. The hardest part of this whole thing is the fact that I have to meet new people; I have the worst social anxieties. Struggling to start the simplest conversations with people, it's a huge issue for me. Again and again I try to spark up conversations with people, but there seems to be a lot of dead air. Awkward silences. What do I say? How do I say it? Some of the few questions that run through my mind. I want to be able to walk up to someone and start a conversation; not just based on small talk.
I have this theory: No one besides one or two people here know the real me. I can be anyone I want, this is a completely fresh start. I can be the person I've always wanted to be. Social. Nobody knows about my social anxieties, so it's a great time to bite the bullet and shoot for the best. Talk to everyone, act social. If I do this I feel like it will become the real me. I know deep down I'm very much capable of this, I just need to break out of shell; and I plan on doing this.. I WILL do this.
*Keep you updated on how this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow @Instagram

About

My name is Alexis, but everyone calls me Lex. I made this blog to document my adventures and do what I love most, which is write.

Read more >

Follow by Email

Follow @Facebook

Follow